Get Loaded? Anyone relenting and attending?

The General Discussion forum has been setup to enable any kind of non-music discussions between the visitors of the website.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

LusciousLucy
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Get Loaded? Anyone relenting and attending?

Post by LusciousLucy »

Yes yes yes...I know this is a strange one to attend seeing as BC was the gig to be at but the boys are playing, I am going (at last...got tix yesterday!) and so is Ronnie...is anyone else? Its the extended 40th birthday celebrations (that have been going on since Glasto!!!) for Mr Dave!!! Will ignore the rest of the crowd and just be happy and zoned out at the front with lovely Orbital fan chums around me. :D

You know where we'll be!!! Silly question really! :roll: :wink:

I should have bought the early bird when offered way back in February but kinda thought I would be back in Australia by now...so missed out on the £30 tix, hey ho, £50, another Orbital show I never thought I would ever see again and Laurent Garnier live thrown into the mix still aint bad! The same goes for Brixton...not got tix for that either cos I really was planning on being on the other side of the world again...life has conspired against me tho...
donkey rhubarb

Re: Get Loaded? Anyone relenting and attending?

Post by donkey rhubarb »

Went t othis one in the end too. Bit of a lastminute thing but figured I may as well see them as many times as I could after the Big Chill (doing Brixton on 25th as well). It was a bit of a homecomming for me anyway having lived 2 minutes away for a few years.

Obviously was always gonna be a bit different (err, slightly) to the Big Chill but I'm glad I attended. I think its fair to say this was a first orbital experience to many within the somewhat boozy crowd and it was pretty amusing looking around at the beginning of the set to see pockets of die hard Orbital fans in there within the many more who were slowly getting into it and one or two others who were looking on in a rather circumspect manner to begin with and slowly coming to realisation that the whole thing must be kinda cool!!!

I think by the end though the boys had won the masses over and everyone went home pretty happy and I think the boys will have a few more fans in their ranks after this one.

Can't say I bothered with much of the rest of the festival. I was amazed when I got there at what a small piece of the common had been put to use for 20,000 an this was evident as every tent was too packed to get a look in before Orbital came on. Bit of a weird one really.

P.S. loved the token nods in Rob Da Bank's warm up set before the boys took centre stage. Could definitely seek out the thirty somethings in the crowd with our reaction to various tunes. Fantastic!!
'time is like a freeway with an infinite number of lanes'

Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/room3
legspin
Open Mind
antispam: No
Anti Spam: Orbital

Re: Get Loaded? Anyone relenting and attending?

Post by legspin »

donkey rhubarb wrote: and one or two others who were looking on in a rather circumspect manner to begin with and slowly coming to realisation that the whole thing must be kinda cool!!!

I think by the end though the boys had won the masses over and everyone went home pretty happy and I think the boys will have a few more fans in their ranks after this one.
The memories are really flooding back at this comment. I was that soldier.
Be Pure, Be Vigilant, BEHAVE.