Brighton set list SPOILER

The General Discussion forum has been setup to enable any kind of non-music discussions between the visitors of the website.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

MindRubber

Re: Brighton set list SPOILER

Post by MindRubber »

I'll have to wait until Manchester before seeing them, but like what I've seen of the video clips so far! It really does look like they've tried to freshen things up rather than just trot out an old set. Not sure I like the new middle bit of Halcyon but loving the new ending.

The set list looks really strong, but I have to agree with Funkydung on One Perfect Sunrise. I always did find it a bit bland and not even one of the best tracks on the blue album! Replace that with "Are we Here?" or "The Naked and the Dead" and that would be almost a perfect set for me!

I saw a clip of Doctor ? which seemed to go on for a good few minutes, I take it that's not what happened at Brighton? Did something go wrong or did they just run out of time?!

Roll on September!
Badger
Doctor Look Out
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by Badger »

Yeah...replace One Perfect Sunrise with "The Naked and The Dead"!!!!!! That would indeed rock.

You could have the "la la la"'s of the end of Halcyon looping away and then in come those tribal drums of "The Naked And The Dead"! Quality idea. But I suppose that might take an awful lot of programming seeing as it's one of the older tunes that hasn't been played in quite a while.

And I'm sure those drums of TNATD could easily morph into The Box.

VOTE NOW FOR: "The Naked And The Dead"!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :wink: :wink:
https://www.facebook.com/matt.christie.777

"Even a stopped cloak gives the right jacket twice a day"
Kagey
Geography group B

Post by Kagey »

pah sod replacing just ADD

I'd so love to hear Naked and the Dead please please please
http://www.clockworkdisco.com

"Let's face it, "digital sound" is a misnomer...

Unless you plug the wires directly into your skull, at the end of the chain is a set of speakers pumping back-and-forth turning ANY signal into analogue waves..."
legspin
Open Mind

Post by legspin »

Kagey wrote:pah sod replacing just ADD
QTF.

Forever and Transient for me.

Mind you a three hour set list may be a push....
Be Pure, Be Vigilant, BEHAVE.
mickyboy

Post by mickyboy »

how about the following songs also being added ?? My wishful thinking of course

Open Mind
LC1
Choice
Monday
Forever
Technologicque Park

Of course the list could go on. Does anyone have any idea if the Brixton gigs are going to have late licenses ? Now that would be cool. An all-nighter with a three hour set from the brothers :lol:
Kinder

Post by Kinder »

Although Out There Somewhere was a damn fine encore, I reckon it could be bettered by Meltdown, defo worth a try :)

Other tunes I'd love to see live that I haven't seen em play before include P.E.T.R.O.L., Kein Trink Wasser, Midnight, Way Out (missed the start of the set @ Leeds 1999) and Monorail.

On a tangent, I wonder if Orbital would ever consider getting into that oh-so-2008-trend of playing out an album in full on consecutive nights? If they did, which album would you like to see played live? I think personally In Sides would be the most satisfying.
davemacfrombath
The Moebius

Post by davemacfrombath »

Loved the gig... would only be improved by (predictably for me) TGWTSIHH and Style and a bit more Dr ?.

Really looking forward to Big Chill now.
Slugs! HE created slugs! They can't hear. They can't speak. They can't operate machinery. Are we not in the hands of a lunatic?
Kansler
Sinner

Post by Kansler »

so it was doctor who before the encore... I told you guys but you didn't believe me ;)

the set itself was awesome, make no mistake. So before saying a few critical words, let me emphasize: I enjoyed it a LOT.

But a couple of things:

- redo the Doctor ? bit...
- one perfect sunrise, IMO as well, is not a career highlight. Replace it with You Lot, technologisky park or something else.
- Bring back Snivilisation! At least one track. Sad But True, Forever, Crash and Carry, Kein Trink Wasser... anything really.

otherwise, great set, good job guys :D
It's a piece of cake to bake a pretty cake
davemacfrombath
The Moebius

One perfect sunrise is a beautiful song and I think it breaks up the set nicely, inserting a bit of chill at the right time. Are there better tracks they could play? I'd rather have Sad But True personally, but then everyone's got their own favourites, hey?

\edit sp.
Slugs! HE created slugs! They can't hear. They can't speak. They can't operate machinery. Are we not in the hands of a lunatic?
Kyblik
Sinner

Post by Kyblik »

unless they play Last Thing or Weekend Ravers, i'd be happy with everything! :)
memly
Meltdown

Post by memly »

Kansler wrote:so it was doctor who before the encore... I told you guys but you didn't believe me ;)

the set itself was awesome, make no mistake. So before saying a few critical words, let me emphasize: I enjoyed it a LOT.

But a couple of things:

- redo the Doctor ? bit...
- one perfect sunrise, IMO as well, is not a career highlight. Replace it with You Lot, technologisky park or something else.
- Bring back Snivilisation! At least one track. Sad But True, Forever, Crash and Carry, Kein Trink Wasser... anything really.

otherwise, great set, good job guys :D
It was good to meet you Kansler, I hope you enjoyed your visit to the UK and I'm glad that you enjoyed the gig after waiting all these years!
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
Funky Dung
Adnan

Post by Funky Dung »

davemacfrombath wrote:One perfect sunrise is a beautiful song and I think it breaks up the set nicely, inserting a bit of chill at the right time.
It's hardly chilled - it's faster than everything else and really pumps its way along at a frantic trancey pace with no tension or sense of brilliant timing that most Orbital tunes have. It feels really hurried and extremely un-chilled to me.
"People say that alcohol's a drug. It's not a drug, it's a drink."
Kansler
Sinner

Post by Kansler »

memly wrote: It was good to meet you Kansler, I hope you enjoyed your visit to the UK and I'm glad that you enjoyed the gig after waiting all these years!
yea, nice meeting you too, and others as well :)

It was sure worth the trip for the concert alone (my first and last [?] Orbital concert), but we ended up seeing quite a bit of London, Stratford, Oxford and other places too - in addition to five days in Brighton which was a very nice city indeed - so I had a good trip overall. Great job!
It's a piece of cake to bake a pretty cake
davemacfrombath
The Moebius

Funky Dung wrote:
davemacfrombath wrote:One perfect sunrise is a beautiful song and I think it breaks up the set nicely, inserting a bit of chill at the right time.
It's hardly chilled - it's faster than everything else and really pumps its way along at a frantic trancey pace with no tension or sense of brilliant timing that most Orbital tunes have. It feels really hurried and extremely un-chilled to me.
I only listen to the words...