Brighton Gig Tonight

The General Discussion forum has been setup to enable any kind of non-music discussions between the visitors of the website.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

chime
Saint
Question: Orbital

Brighton Gig Tonight

Post by chime »

Just to say that I hope all you lucky lucky people that are going tonight have an absolute blast, and yes, I wish I was going as well!

:mrgreen:
memly
Meltdown
antispam: No
Anti Spam: Orbital

Re: Brighton Gig Tonight

Post by memly »

Thanks Chime.

I am really looking forward to it (as I suspect everybody else is too!!)

Just need to get boring work out of the way first of all.
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
Badger
Doctor Look Out

Post by Badger »

I second Chime's "have an absolute blast" message. Enjoy yourselves everyone. Will be a great night i think with a lot of the hardcore fans there and the first gig on home soil. Hope P&P have a great night too.

We expect reports in the morning :D
https://www.facebook.com/matt.christie.777

"Even a stopped cloak gives the right jacket twice a day"
davemacfrombath
The Moebius

Post by davemacfrombath »

From Acid Gaz:

7:00 - doors open
8:00 - Delphic
9:00 - Orbital
Slugs! HE created slugs! They can't hear. They can't speak. They can't operate machinery. Are we not in the hands of a lunatic?
legspin
Open Mind

Post by legspin »

Not for me this magnanimity. All those going are a shower of INCONSIDERATE BASTARDS who have no fellow feeling for others who can't go.

Now, I have a pram I must throw all the toys out of.
Be Pure, Be Vigilant, BEHAVE.
chime
Saint

Post by chime »

Hahahahaha!!
:D
Kyblik
Sinner

Post by Kyblik »

enjoy the gig guys!! :)
Tyler

Post by Tyler »

God, I'm so envious. I'm going to have to wait a whole 24 hours longer than you guys. :cry:
"One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in your beliefs, and prove to me I am not mistaken in mine."
And they DID come back. Ha!
chime
Saint

Post by chime »

I can't stop looking at the f*****g clock!
Queue 9pm - Right about now, the light wearing brothers :-)
Once again peeps, have a great time and I want lots of review posts and pictures tomorrow, but no set lists! - lol
:D
Tyler

Post by Tyler »

No reviews yet? Sheesh, nobody brought a 3g phone with them? :lol:
"One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in your beliefs, and prove to me I am not mistaken in mine."
cosmocat
Anti Spam: orbital

Post by cosmocat »

instant reaction from me and my phone - too much chin stroking going on - the set was the good but the encore wasnt great in my opinion , people seemed to reserved , wicked sounds , average sort of lighting , if anything i thought the dome was too bright , i had a fantastic time but hoped for a better encore , the fullset was tight and included chime , satan, impact , are we here etc etc but was disappointed with doctor who, it was mixed and personally i think its too good to be mixed - all things considered it was still cool and the two orbital virgins loved it - one of which was my wife , she is 8 months pregnant and is due on the 3rd July , she loved it which to me is as good as my enjoyment (which was still considerable) , i have seen them going back to 1996 - tribal gathering and it was cool to see she loved it ......

enjoy and keep the fires burning ...

off to the ocean rooms.
Last edited by cosmocat on Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
LusciousLucy

Post by LusciousLucy »

I second that...after all this wait...and meh! :? Visually ace, the first half incredible...second half......well it's early days...and plenty more shows!

BUT the bass was fookin incredible where I was stood...right in front of the bass speaker which would now explain the near complete deafness I have in my left ear!

Dont want to say too much though...will wait to see if and what others have to say...I did manage a proper weep between 2 certain songs...had to happen! :roll:

The Dome WAS bright wasnt it? But nothing else to fault it, lovely venue!
Funky Dung
Adnan

Post by Funky Dung »

Hello. Think this is my first visit here in 5 or 6 years. :)

I ended up at last night's gig (thanks Loopz!) and thought it was great. Far better than on the 'farewell tour' five years ago. The tune selection was far more representative of what I think is great about Orbital and some of the reworked versions were particularly good. Just generally more stripped-back, old-skool, deep Orbital - more melody, more acid house groove, less rampant honking and rattling and screeching. The way it should be, in my opinion. :)

I won't discuss set lists or anything but my highlight of the set was Chime. The lads finally did what I'd been wanting them to do with it for the last ten+ years. 8) And the encore was wicked too. Don't know how anyone can complain about that. Gutted they're not playing at Glastonbury - it would go down so well there.

It's a shame that a lot of my old Orbital-loving pals rejected the chance to buy tickets to any of the gigs this year as they were so put off by the last few tours. They would absolutely love this set. :(
"People say that alcohol's a drug. It's not a drug, it's a drink."
Tyler

Post by Tyler »

Thanks Funky Dung, that's the impression I got from the vids that have been posted up. Musically they do seem to be doing exactly what I hoped they would do - going back to the spirit of old skool Orbital while at the same time updating their sound.

The lukewarm crowd is a bit of a worry, I hope Leeds does 'em proud tonight. What proportion of the crowd do you reckon were Orbital veterans and newbies?
Kyblik
Sinner

Post by Kyblik »

Funky Dung wrote:I won't discuss set lists or anything but my highlight of the set was Chime. The lads finally did what I'd been wanting them to do with it for the last ten+ years. 8) And the encore was wicked too. Don't know how anyone can complain about that. Gutted they're not playing at Glastonbury - it would go down so well there.
that 'encore' was something like they did with Remind from Maida Vale 2004??

and welcome back Funky Dung! :)