Star Wars Episode 3 Spoiler Thread

The General Discussion forum has been setup to enable any kind of non-music discussions between the visitors of the website.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

Hexaphim
LC1

Post by Hexaphim »

The Star Wars Holiday Special was aired between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes back. It was aired once on television, and Lucas has vowed that it will never be shown anywhere ever again. He didn't have anything to do with it, someone paid royalties to use the characters and the universe or something to that effect.

People say it's bad, but how bad could it possibly be?

Well, I've seen it. And it's bad. Worse than you could possibly imagine, actually. The only way this Special should be watched is in MST3k-mode with friends. It is certainly laughable (and oh so painful to watch).

If you for some ungodly reason would want to watch this horrible piece of crap, look it up on http://www.torrentspy.com. You'll regret it. :)
The Hex

Some people don't get the Transformers. It's simple. They're big robots. And they change into things. And they fight. This is beautiful and mad. If you do not get this, there is something missing in your soul. - Paul O'Brien
legspin
Open Mind
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by legspin »

The Star Wars Holiday Special was aired between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes back
Thank God for that. I thought I was delusional. And yes it really was shit :!:
Be Pure, Be Vigilant, BEHAVE.
Karnorjax
Oolaa

Post by Karnorjax »

Hexaphim wrote:I don't know about a movie (http://filmforce.ign.com/starwars/artic ... 371p1.html), but I know Lucas is currently developing two television series set in the Star Wars universe.

One is a computer animated adaptation of Clone Wars, The other is set in the time between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope, and probably won't have any of the main characters. (http://filmforce.ign.com/starwars/artic ... 491p1.html)
I was sat 50ft from Lucas at Celebration when he announced this... Live action and animated are both coming... Live action will be between 3+4 and they will write a whole season before filming starts like they did on young indy. But work wont even start in ernest till next year !

cartoon with be full 1/2 hour with 3d Animation ( I think his asian studios may already be working on this ...
Is there anyone there ??????? IS THERE ANYONE THERE !!!!!
Karnorjax
Oolaa

Post by Karnorjax »

Hexaphim wrote:The Star Wars Holiday Special was aired between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes back. It was aired once on television, and Lucas has vowed that it will never be shown anywhere ever again. He didn't have anything to do with it, someone paid royalties to use the characters and the universe or something to that effect.

People say it's bad, but how bad could it possibly be?

Well, I've seen it. And it's bad. Worse than you could possibly imagine, actually. The only way this Special should be watched is in MST3k-mode with friends. It is certainly laughable (and oh so painful to watch).

If you for some ungodly reason would want to watch this horrible piece of crap, look it up on http://www.torrentspy.com. You'll regret it. :)
Yes the holiday special is not the greatest but Lucas gave a brief plot and access to the costumes an clips the the TV studio did the rest !... the bestbit isthe Nelvada Short cartoon featuring the 1st appearance of BOBA FETT !!!! which landed them the job for Ewoks and Droids !

I have a near perfect copy of the whole thing on DVD and it still aint good thou !
Hexaphim
LC1

Post by Hexaphim »

Karnorjax wrote:the bestbit isthe Nelvada Short cartoon featuring the 1st appearance of BOBA FETT !!!!
Which is obviously the reason why I sought it out in the first place, huge Boba Fett fan that I am. :)
The Hex

Some people don't get the Transformers. It's simple. They're big robots. And they change into things. And they fight. This is beautiful and mad. If you do not get this, there is something missing in your soul. - Paul O'Brien
dapiege

Post by dapiege »

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" :lol: Every film has a little bit of cheese ehh. Thought it was cool though!
Karnorjax
Oolaa

Post by Karnorjax »

Hexaphim wrote:
Karnorjax wrote:the bestbit isthe Nelvada Short cartoon featuring the 1st appearance of BOBA FETT !!!!
Which is obviously the reason why I sought it out in the first place, huge Boba Fett fan that I am. :)
Im a HUGE fett fan too.... have far to many toys and stuff of him...just read Jeremy Bullochs autobiography... damn good too !
shadyboy
Oolaa

Post by shadyboy »

The Holiday Special is an amazing piece of shite.
Happy Life Day, Chewie!!!!
Funky Dung
Adnan

Post by Funky Dung »

There is one thing worse than the Holiday Special, and that's the ROUGH CUT of the Holiday Special that I saw. Even more eye-clawingly boring. Quite amazingly awful, in fact.

Funky Dung
"People say that alcohol's a drug. It's not a drug, it's a drink."
capsaicin

Post by capsaicin »

Ah, I seem to remember hearing that the Ewoks in Return of the Jedi were originally going to be wookies, until Ewoks appeared in that holiday special. Any truth to that?
Funky Dung
Adnan

Post by Funky Dung »

No, I think Endor was going to be a Wookiee prison planet originally, but Lucas switched to being Ewoks because they're easier to sell to kids (and he has a bizarre fetish for midgets). Don't think there's any Ewoks in the Holiday Special – just lots of boring Wookiee stuff.

Funky Dung
"People say that alcohol's a drug. It's not a drug, it's a drink."
Karnorjax
Oolaa

Post by Karnorjax »

No ewoks in the holiday special thats for sure...

just jefferson starship and bea arthur !

Was gonna be wookies Vs empire in georges original story but that was when it was just one short film in a very wearly draught I think.... when he plotted it out it then changed that a wookie was hans co pilot and he then created the ewoks... Yub Nub !
shadyboy
Oolaa

Post by shadyboy »

And also Harvey Korman, Art Carney and Carrie Fisher (who is quite clearly out of her tits on Charley) signing Happy Life Day to Chewie - it is fucking awful!
Karnorjax
Oolaa

Post by Karnorjax »

weas mucking around with my cam an took this pic came out rathr nice I must say !

also thought id put this pic up as well !

Bolly
LC1

Post by Bolly »

Nice pics!!!