Wii

The General Discussion forum has been setup to enable any kind of non-music discussions between the visitors of the website.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

Karnorjax
Oolaa
Question: Orbital

Post by Karnorjax »

Mario Galaxy is next on my list... but as I got an Xbox 360 core with halo 3 an a mem card for £128 ALL new on Sat im gonna be playing that for a while.. then back too lego star wars for the Wii.
Is there anyone there ??????? IS THERE ANYONE THERE !!!!!
the PLA
Sinner

Post by the PLA »

memly wrote:
the PLA wrote:CoD4 is excellet isn't it? I love the perks system.

Has anyone else played & finished portal? It's a very fun & creative game. The ending song has bee stuck in my head for weeks now.
Yes. Portal is a great game. Have only just finished Halflife 2 Eps 1 and 2 too (try saying that 10 times in a row :? )

The end tune to portal is very good. Unfortunately I cant access it when I want to hear it...

COD4 perks system?? Whats that then. I am currently playing that (and Assisins Creed) and I cant remember a perks system?
Have only just completed a level as a sniper running through one of the soviet ghost towns... what an atmosphere! Soo much better than COD3 which I thought was shit.
Yes, CoD3 was shit! But it was developed by a completely different company. Infinity Ward had nothing to do with it.

The perks only come into play in the multiplayer. Once you've leveled up enough you can choose 3 for your character. They are things like extra health, more ammo, martyrdom (drop a live grenade when you die), longer sprint & such.

The entire Orange Box is phenomenal IMO & the best value in video games EVER! I've played all the way through the 3 HL2 games twice & plan on doing it again soon. They are just so much fun. Team Fortress has great style & is a great change of pace from most shooters. As we've said Portal is fantastic & probably the most fun I've had playing a video game in quite some time.

I recorded Still Alive (the end song) if you want a copy let me know.

Also, did you know there is a way to hack the portal gun into the Half-Life games? I haven't done it yet but I plan on it for the next time I play them.
OUT
OF
STEP
memly
Meltdown
antispam: No
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by memly »

Ahem. Yes a copy of the ditty would be great :wink:
Yes I read that infinity Ward had nothing to do with the 3rd installment. It really was gash IMO.
I am yet to play COD4 online yet as I am still in the single player campaign.
Halflife 2 has to be my alltime favourite game. It is a tour de force when discussing gaming. So well developed with a fascinating story and a totally engrossing environment. I have also played through HL2 more than once, its simply incredible.
Mind you I also think Bioshock is a rather excellent bit of gaming.

Karnorjax: You gonna be on Xbox live? I believe you still have my gamertag... if you dont then I'm sure you can figure it out 8)
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
the PLA
Sinner

Post by the PLA »

Send me an email to the address in my profile & I'll send the song over.
OUT
OF
STEP
memly
Meltdown

Post by memly »

It dont work!

You could send it to my email account in my profile if ya want :wink:
MEMS MUZAK
the PLA
Sinner

Post by the PLA »

Mail sent.
OUT
OF
STEP
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

send to me please TJ cus i havent even tried to play Portal yet. I have COD4 and still havent played it much because of LOTRO. Its just a question of time and no doubt shall see you on MP :)
the PLA
Sinner

Post by the PLA »

Mail sent... Again. :D

Memly, I have no idea what http://www.aperturescience.com is about. I've tried entering several things from the game & the HL games at the prompt but I get nothing. In my browser it says transfering data but nothing happens.
OUT
OF
STEP
memly
Meltdown

Post by memly »

Me too... strange.
My 360 died again last night! (the dreaded 3 red lights:hardware failure) So now I have to phone up the customer support and hopefully get it fixed or exchanged. This will be the FIFTH Xbox that has died on me in 2 years... bloody Gates and his cheap components.

Steve: Portal is a really great celebral game. Its great.
MEMS MUZAK
the PLA
Sinner

Post by the PLA »

Oh no, you been hit by the....

RED RING OF DEATH

I've had the same xbox 360 for years now & thankfully I've avoided that disaster. Everytime I play on it for an extended period I start getting worried it'll happen.
OUT
OF
STEP
memly
Meltdown

Post by memly »

:roll

Just out of interest... how long do you consider an extended period to be? :roll:
MEMS MUZAK
the PLA
Sinner

Post by the PLA »

Anything more than an hour & I start to get worried. I think it did start to over heat after a few hours of Crackdown. It stopped showing a lot of wall textures, so there were invisible walls everywhere. It was putting the bad guys in all sorts of weird places, like half way in floors & standing sideways on walls. I shut it down for the night & haven't had any problems since.
OUT
OF
STEP
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

Memly - Got it installed now. loving it :) Ideal for lunchbreaks!

TJ - :) Thanks. My daughter wasnt impressed though. She said "What's wrong with her voice!" lol
the PLA
Sinner

Post by the PLA »

The cake is a lie!!!!!
The cake is a lie!!!!!
The cake is a lie!!!!!
OUT
OF
STEP
Vadertech
Novice

Post by Vadertech »

Mario Galaxy really is quite an amazing game. Gameplay, visuals and soundtrack are all really superb. Im also liking the jacked up difficulty later in the game, especially some of the purple coin comet stars (curse you toy time galaxy...).
Shanky, shanky Jose!