Something to ponder

The General Discussion forum has been setup to enable any kind of non-music discussions between the visitors of the website.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

Dollydagger
Open Mind
Question: Orbital

Post by Dollydagger »

Where's trompurple when you need him :wink:
I don't use Myspace anymore, you'll find me on Facebook ;-b
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

I tell you something Ken. I havent been so shocked in a long long time. I had to re-read what you wrote about five or six times and i still cant beleive that Lillestrøm won 4-0!!!!! :P
davemacfrombath
The Moebius

Post by davemacfrombath »

Dollydagger wrote:How absolutely bizarre. The woman must have no life if she has to make up fake persona's on the internet.
I guess you never really can tell unless you've actually met up with people, which on this forum a lot of us have - so I KNOW YOU ARE REAL Dave Mac From Bath!!! :P
I do exist and I'm also that BIG JESSIE BOY Mucus.
Last edited by davemacfrombath on Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slugs! HE created slugs! They can't hear. They can't speak. They can't operate machinery. Are we not in the hands of a lunatic?
Hexaphim
LC1

Post by Hexaphim »

Loopz wrote:I tell you something Ken. I havent been so shocked in a long long time. I had to re-read what you wrote about five or six times and i still cant beleive that Lillestrøm won 4-0!!!!! :P
You know, I've met you twice, and I'm STILL not convinced you're a real person and not a porta-potty. :P
The Hex

Some people don't get the Transformers. It's simple. They're big robots. And they change into things. And they fight. This is beautiful and mad. If you do not get this, there is something missing in your soul. - Paul O'Brien
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

Porta-Potty!!!! what on earth is one of those...

is it this?

Mucus
Saint

Post by Mucus »

Is it out of order to enquire as to why another forum user can call me a c**t out of the blue & without provocation, yet my light hearted reply which included no words other than in the original insult is removed?
Let's face it, if I didn't exist - you'd pay someone to have me invented.
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

You created a userid with the word C**T in it. Cant have that.

on a side note...It would be good if people ** out bad swear words as it is a public forum and we dont all appreciate the more colourful language. Its been mentioned in the past so we dont have to use the swear filter on the forum.
Mucus
Saint

Post by Mucus »

I accept your points entirely & indeed I expected the username to be shortlived, but my point remains - why is there still a post just a few before this calling me a c**t???
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

If the name fits.... :p

posts are never edited for swearing and i'm not going to supervise any people on here. I wouldnt be able to go out or go to work if i did that. If you two have serious problems and its not banter then take it elsewhere. ie: away from the forum...
Mucus
Saint

Post by Mucus »

So be it, away from the forum I shall be.

Bye all.
usernick
Detached
antispam: No
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by usernick »

Loopz wrote:If the name fits.... :p

posts are never edited for swearing and i'm not going to supervise any people on here. I wouldnt be able to go out or go to work if i did that. If you two have serious problems and its not banter then take it elsewhere. ie: away from the forum...
Erm, but it was derogatory and offensive... Why wasn't the post edited/removed?????

:roll:
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

usernick wrote:
Loopz wrote:If the name fits.... :p

Erm, but it was derogatory and offensive... Why wasn't the post edited/removed?????

:roll:
because...
"posts are never edited for swearing and i'm not going to supervise any people on here. I wouldnt be able to go out or go to work if i did that."

They both give as much as each other anyway. Do you want anti-swearing filters on? no ty
philmanns
Sinner

Post by philmanns »

no, don't want swearing filters of course, but i do seem to remember a thread where dog had a go at stimpee and it was announced that personal attacks on other forum members will not be tolerated and the thread or post was removed, surely calling someone a cunt (other than in jest) falls into that category does it not? as for them both giving as much as each other, that may well be the case but as from where it is normally and was first initiated, that tends to come from the general direction of bath.
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

In my eyes they are both as bad as each other, its not like its the first time they have been biting each other on this forum. I'm not going to take sides.

Your brother could have retorted back in the same way and nothing would have been said. Creating a username leaves it on the "last joined" section of the front forum page and i can't have that.
philmanns
Sinner

Post by philmanns »

i don' think there's any dispute over the username issue, it's quite understandable that it had to be removed. but once again, why was a previous incident removed and yet this one is deemed ok? and as for not taking sides
If the name fits.... :p
?