DVD Audio Ripping

The General Discussion forum has been setup to enable any kind of non-music discussions between the visitors of the website.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

Dog
Detached
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

DVD Audio Ripping

Post by Dog »

Does anyone know of a FREE DVD audio ripping tool? I'd like to rip something from a DVD to sample and can't find anything out there that doesn't cost moolah...
"Gimme the sight to see
another world outside that's full of
all the broken things that I made"
memly
Meltdown

Post by memly »

I just use Wavelab to record "what you hear" through my soundcard....
I use media player or Power DVD. Dont really know if any quality is lost doing it like this, but I have also taken to doing this with audio CDs as its easier just to record the bit you want instead of having to rip the whole tune and then convert it to a wav etc etc....
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
contactmaker

Post by contactmaker »

I'm using the Im Too dvd audio ripper (version 1.0).
The one I have is shareware but it seems to have no limitations in ripping sounds. I've ripped a couple of complete dvd's with no problem.
Dog
Detached

Post by Dog »

contactmaker wrote:I'm using the Im Too dvd audio ripper (version 1.0).
The one I have is shareware but it seems to have no limitations in ripping sounds. I've ripped a couple of complete dvd's with no problem.
Nah, that one wants registration before it'll work now and just playing the DVD on the PC is a no-no as it's protected and won't play...
"Gimme the sight to see
another world outside that's full of
all the broken things that I made"
Tyler

Post by Tyler »

memly wrote:I just use Wavelab to record "what you hear" through my soundcard....
I use media player or Power DVD. Dont really know if any quality is lost doing it like this, but I have also taken to doing this with audio CDs as its easier just to record the bit you want instead of having to rip the whole tune and then convert it to a wav etc etc....
You do lose some quality, as the signal is being converted from digital to analog (through a not particularly good DAC), with added distortion and line noise, then converted back into digital. But if you're only playing back on your computer anyway, you probably won't notice the difference.
"One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in your beliefs, and prove to me I am not mistaken in mine."
And they DID come back. Ha!
memly
Meltdown

Post by memly »

I thought there could be some loss of quality by doing it this way. Fortunately I really only tend to use this for vocal samples and any other "musical" samples that I want to use I have to go through the whole trauma of converting it to Wav and then waiting 10 minutes for the entire tune to load up in Wavelab.
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK