anybody going ...

The General Discussion forum has been setup to enable any kind of non-music discussions between the visitors of the website.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

custard99
Omen
Question: Orbital
Location: planet hottie near the equator makes this duckie's tail all warped & bothered!

anybody going ...

Post by custard99 »

Howdeeeeeeeeeee

i know this is not the best question to ask IN this forum, but em ... i'm going to the beautiful world tour (won't mention the band name but i think u know who lol) and don't fancy going by myself.

If you like to join me or know someone who is ... please email me. I'm thinking of going to the london (late nov - early dec)/ manchester (mid dec) dates OR holland dates (in nov 07).

shining with patience :shock:
Quack! Dip, sip & Go!! Or, just do the kitty shake.

memly
Meltdown
antispam: No
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by memly »

Sorry Custard not really my thang... but I hope you find someone and I'm sure it will all be worth it.

Hopefully I will catch up with you when you come over.

Good luck :D
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
custard99
Omen
Location: planet hottie near the equator makes this duckie's tail all warped & bothered!

Post by custard99 »

hey Memly

Yeah it would be good to see you again. Could go to the other gigs out around that time too ;)

tough planning a trip that's 10 months away ;) Can't wait

Dollydagger
Open Mind

Post by Dollydagger »

Mentioning NO NAMES:

UK Tour Dates announced

Here are the dates the guys will be playing:

London O2 arena (isn't that the Millenium dome?!)
Thursday 29th & Friday 30th November, Saturday 1st, Monday 3rd, Tuesday 4th December 2007

I might be up for the Saturday in London Rosie - don't really fancy trekking up to Mancs tho...
I don't use Myspace anymore, you'll find me on Facebook ;-b
little twin star
Sinner

Post by little twin star »

rosie, i'm not a fan anymore, so i'm afraid i;m not going to any gigs in holland. you're always welcome to staY at mine tho. x x
custard99
Omen

Post by custard99 »

ah never mind. be good to see u again. If u coming to uk around early dec, we could go have a spin :roll:

Funky Dung
Adnan

Post by Funky Dung »

I tried to buy tickets this morning. They went on sale at 9am and were sold out within an hour and a half. They added two more dates and they both sold out straight away too. I got a block of 6 seats reserved at one point, but they were the shittest seats in the house and still £45 each, so balls to that.

Within 3 hours of the tickets going on sale there were already 120+ people selling them on Ebay for at least £100 each. :roll:
"People say that alcohol's a drug. It's not a drug, it's a drink."
Dollydagger
Open Mind

Post by Dollydagger »

I am SO cheesed off, been trying nearly all day (3 websites and a few different phone no's) Then just had a look at ebay and there are some already on there going for thousands....it's a joke!

You shoulda stuck with those tix Ed, some sucker would've paid handsomely for them :?

Sorry Rosie :(
I don't use Myspace anymore, you'll find me on Facebook ;-b
Funky Dung
Adnan

Post by Funky Dung »

Nah, buying tickets to sell on Ebay is such a cuntish thing to do I could never do it. It's simply standing in the way of people who want something, then letting it through to them at an inflated price – pure cuntiness. If someone did it to you in a shop you'd punch the fucker in the throat.

There's no way of justifying it. It's not like people were slack and missed out on tickets (they went within an hour or two), it's not like they're selling them on closer to the concert for people who decide to go at the last minute and are willing to pay a premium – they're just being cunts. And I ain't going to support it or be part of it.

If someone wants to buy a bunch of tickets then go and stand outside the venue and sell them on for £150 each, that's fine by me. At least they've made some effort and taken a risk. It takes no effort to do it via Ebay though. The sooner Ebay stop accepting those sorts of auctions, the better.
"People say that alcohol's a drug. It's not a drug, it's a drink."
Mucus
Saint

Post by Mucus »

Funky Dung wrote: If someone wants to buy a bunch of tickets then go and stand outside the venue and sell them on for £150 each, that's fine by me. At least they've made some effort and taken a risk. It takes no effort to do it via Ebay though. The sooner Ebay stop accepting those sorts of auctions, the better.
:applause
:applause :applause :applause :applause :applause

I've spent all day trying to get tickets - because I want to go. Some tickets wer on ebay BEFORE 9.a.m. so it stinks. It also stinks that the ticket agencies aren't set up for what they KNOW will be massive volume interest. The whole thing sucks.

Having said that, the new single is still just FANTASTIC!
Let's face it, if I didn't exist - you'd pay someone to have me invented.
Willsy
The Moebius

Post by Willsy »

Try scarlet mist nearer the time. They only let people trade tickets at face value, used them to buy my Big Chill ticket a few years ago.

Totally agree with Funky (but with a few less cnuts), whenever i have had a spare ticket for something I have sold at face value or less, think its really wrong to just block buy a load and sell them just to make a profit. Its robbery.
"You know, just simple lines intertwining, you know, very much like - I'm really influenced by Mozart and Bach, and it's sort of in between those, really. It's like a Mach piece, really"
Nigel Tufnel talking about his song "Lick My Love Pump" - This Is Spinal Tap.

http://www.myspace.com/willsydesignuk
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

I managed to get 2 tickets - Block A at the NEC (front left) but of course they are not for me! I ended up getting through on the phone but did have 4 browsers attacking the ticket sites :) It reminded me of Glastonbury ticket night. lol
tcb2000
Adnan

Post by tcb2000 »

I tried to buy 2 for my wife and my mum, but had no joy.

Well said Ed, agree with you completely...

rich
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
custard99
Omen

Post by custard99 »

haven't slept for 28 hours trying a bit at work and again @home ... visited 5 sites and just when u think you got your tix, 'error' your time has expired!!

We'll try again jane ... :oops:

tcb2000
Adnan

Post by tcb2000 »

Loopz wrote:I managed to get 2 tickets - Block A at the NEC (front left) but of course they are not for me! I ended up getting through on the phone but did have 4 browsers attacking the ticket sites :) It reminded me of Glastonbury ticket night. lol
hehe...you've still got that one to come Steve...
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator