Glastonbury 2007 - first announcement about ticket sales

The General Discussion forum has been setup to enable any kind of non-music discussions between the visitors of the website.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

stargurl
Geography group B
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Glastonbury 2007 - first announcement about ticket sales

Post by stargurl »

What are the changes to ticket sales procedure in 2007?

As part of Glastonbury Festivals continuing campaign to combat touting, pre sales registration is being introduced this year. Everyone wanting to buy a ticket for the 2007 Festival will first have to register. This will mean supplying your contact details and a passport standard photo. Each ticket sold will feature the photograph of the person in whose name it is registered and will be non-exchangeable.

“It’s a much fairer system,” says Michael Eavis. “It means unscrupulous people won’t be able to sell their tickets on for a profit. The people who buy the tickets on 1 April will be the people who are actually coming to the festival.”

You will need to register between February 1st and 28th, 2007 . You will be able to register both ‘on-line’ and by post. There will be no charge for ‘on-line’ registration but postal applications will need to be accompanied by 2 First Class stamps to cover postage and processing. Forms will be available for download from the registration site which will go live on February 1st, as will the ‘on-line’ registration site. Forms will also be available from February 1st from all Millets stores; Millets will donate 10p for each form issued to WaterAid, one of our Worthwhile Causes.

Information about how to access the registration site, together with full details of how tickets will be sold and their cost, will be announced on this site during January.

(Please note that no information collected by registration will be offered for sale or use by any third party organisation. Unsuccessful ticket applicants will have their data destroyed and all ticket holders’ registration details and photos will be destroyed within one month of the event.)

Edit: Here's a bit more info from Q:
Glastonbury chief Michael Eavis has unveiled a groundbreaking new ticketing system for this year's festival in an attempt to stamp out touting.

With demand for the first festival since 2005 expected to be higher than ever, organisers are introducing a tout-proof registration system. Anyone wanting to buy a ticket will need to register between 1 and 28 February by sending off an official registration form with a photograph, a self-addressed envelope and an unattached stamp. Forms will only be available from high-street camping shop Millets, or you can fill in the form online at a special mini-site on the official Glastonbury website (http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk) or Q4music.com.

Each person will receive a registration number, which must be quoted when tickets go on sale on 1 April. Although only one person can register per form, people can buy tickets for themselves and one other adult, as long as they both have registration numbers. Family members can buy up to two tickets for adults and two for children aged between 13 and 16. Each ticket will feature the photograph of the person in whose name it is registered and is non-exchangeable.

"It's a fairer system," Eavis tells Q. "It means people won't be able to sell their tickets for £700." Organisers have taken major steps to combat touting in recent years. A successful photo ID system was introduced in 2005, while Somerset police have made it illegal to sell tickets outside the festival site. "We're winning the war," says Eavis. "The people who buy tickets on 1 April will actually be those coming to the festival."

The Glastonbury festival takes place at Worthy Farm from 22 to 24 June, subject to licence. For regular Glastonbury updates, keep checking http://www.q4music.com.
davemacfrombath
The Moebius

Post by davemacfrombath »

Nice one Aimee. Fingers crossed...
Slugs! HE created slugs! They can't hear. They can't speak. They can't operate machinery. Are we not in the hands of a lunatic?
stargurl
Geography group B

Post by stargurl »

Fingers and toes.
chemical_si
Novice

Post by chemical_si »

don't know if any of you will be interested but i spoke to Tom and Ed from the Chemical Brothers at Turnmills this New Year and Tom told us that they will be headlining the dance Tent on the Saturday.

They will of had an albumout by then, or just shortly after so you can expect a change to their set with loads of new songs, which we got to here NYE.

Unfortunately it's not Orbital related but there you go.

Glad to hear about the new ticketing sytem, If i can get tickets then this will be my first Glastonbury festival. Always wanted to go for years so hopefully, as i live a lot nearer now, i should be going
usernick
Detached

Post by usernick »

chemical_si wrote:don't know if any of you will be interested but i spoke to Tom and Ed from the Chemical Brothers at Turnmills this New Year and Tom told us that they will be headlining the dance Tent on the Saturday.

They will of had an albumout by then, or just shortly after so you can expect a change to their set with loads of new songs, which we got to here NYE.
Going to see them in Amsterdam at the end of June with a couple of mates - should be good! :)
legspin
Open Mind

Post by legspin »

On this topic, knowing my luck I won't be able to buy one at the right time so could someone keep an eye out for me please
:oops:
Be Pure, Be Vigilant, BEHAVE.
FoxBoyJnR

Post by FoxBoyJnR »

Seeing the chems myself at Electric Picnic, here in Ireland. I heard they were playing there, before that I had been planning on heading to Amsterdam to see them at the HMH, woulda rocked but now that they're doing a gig in Ireland that suits me just fine, plus its EP [3day fest]. Its gonna be class 8)
Acid Gaz
Sinner

Post by Acid Gaz »

Some line-up info aboot some old rockers over here -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6297705.stm
stargurl
Geography group B

Post by stargurl »

A few updates from efestivals:
Glastonbury Festival organiser Michael Eavis was a speaker yesterday at the Event Show in London, and gave some details of changes to the Festival for 2007.

We'll start with something very important - beer! Budweiser will no longer be providing the beer at the Festival bars, and instead there'll be Carlsberg. Eavis explained that this choice was a better 'fit' with the festival ethos, as Carlsberg have a "Code of Responsible Management, which governs [their] behavior in all business relations, and dedicated programmes within areas of particular relevance to the beverage business, such as [their] Environmental Policy and our Beer Awareness" (quote from Carlsberg's website).

Following the serious flooding in the Pennards Hill camping area at the last Festival in 2005, Eavis is hoping to spend around £200,000 on new drainage work to stop or lessen the effects of such a downpour in the future. It's hoped that the work will be done before the festival this June.

In entertainment changes, there's plans for some sort of dome over The Glade, a slightly bigger Lost Vagueness, as well as the new Park Farm area which will include two additional open air stages for acoustic bands and new bands, as well as a permanent Silent Disco, and a silent films tent. This new area is dependant on the granting of a suitable licence - it's hoped to increase the number of tickets available this year by 25,000. The licence hearing is expected to take place in February. Elsewhere, look out for the motorised robots!

Yesterday Michael Eavis confirmed that the Arctic Monkeys are to be one of the headliners this year, just as we told you first a week ago. Although still not stated explicitly by Eavis, I think we can all guess Who will be the Sunday night headliner - again, just as we told you. Friday we expect to be headlined by The Killers on the Pyramid Stage, while Bjork - also confirmed as playing by Eavis yesterday - we believe will be on the Other Stage, preceded by Arcade Fire.
stargurl
Geography group B

Post by stargurl »

(Many) more details here: http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/tickets/

Including:
Registration! http://www.glastonburyregistration.co.uk as of Thursday
Cost! £145 + £5 booking + £4 postage/packing
Resale date! April 1 9am main sale, April 15 9am resale (and they claim no further resale dates)

(To be honest, and I do hate to say this... at £308 for the two of us, plus all the other associated costs, I'm not exactly sure that we can afford it this year. It basically boils down to either Glasto or seeing my family later in the summer... not an easy decision)
Last edited by stargurl on Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Karnorjax
Oolaa

Post by Karnorjax »

ouchhhhh
Is there anyone there ??????? IS THERE ANYONE THERE !!!!!
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

I'm undecided about going even though deep down i know i should go. *bangs head*
memly
Meltdown

Post by memly »

I would love to go. But I am with holding from any activity which cripples my already depleted cash reserves.

Basically I am brassic.
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
trompurple
HOAX

Post by trompurple »

Geography group B field trip members:

May I remind students that this trip is not an optional extra but a mandatory part of the school term and will form the basis of your major coursework assignments.

I WILL see you in Pilton, in June.

That is all.
------------

I'm going although it may cost me my job. Not sure where to register my address... whether to apply for an international ticket or use my UK details. Any suggestions? Which do you think would increase my chances of success?
tcb2000
Adnan

Post by tcb2000 »

They've broken that magic £150 barrier then...that will put a lot of people off I think...
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator