ORBITAL & MAUS featured in.....

The General Discussion forum has been setup to enable any kind of non-music discussions between the visitors of the website.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

Orbyss
Question: Orbital

ORBITAL & MAUS featured in.....

Post by Orbyss »

(Edited repost from my journal, I really thought I should put this up here for interested parties. I think it's brilliant. :D)

____

I have a pretty bizarre life all in all, but lately it has been unexceptional. In fact, it's been dull for the last month or so, bordering on almost normal. Still, every now and then my boring existence is peppered with moments that leave me sort of flustered and boggled. Perhaps these unusual episodes are just mundane and we're merely having a contradictory perception of them. Nevertheless they entertain the Neolmas and I.

Take the other night, for example; a friend of mine sent me a link to the twisted "Russian Experiments in the Revival of Organisms,"* and by accidental chance my shuffled Winamp playlist synchronized with it - the video starting just as a tune (Pilote — or "Rarer and Bench" — "Kick It Old Schoolie") came on.

That was already pretty humourous to us (Neolmas and I) so I kept it going. What followed occasionally had us in hysterics, but I mostly sat with my jaw dropped. Perhaps we just are batshit insane, but it seems to me that it's already astounding that the video and the music, which remained on random shuffle the entire time, began and ended with only 2 seconds difference between the two.

It was just too good. I went back and recorded the entire line-up (crossfade and all) and shoved it on to the video, without altering either in any way**. What you see below is what happened. Potheads with your "Dark Side of Oz," EAT YOUR HEARTS OUT. This is random chance at its best.

The video is over 40MB, but don't worry, I think you'll find it a worthwhile download.

>>CLICKY CLICKY FOR MOVIE<<

Song list is as follows:

Rarer and Bench (Pilote) - "Kick it Oldschoolie"
Orbital - "Doctor ?"
Maus - "Databass"
The Flashbulb - "Walking Irrevocable"

Enjoy.

* The video is real, and if you've never seen it, be warned that it is pretty damn gruesome. There is a severed dog head in it.

** Note that the samples in the songs, and the music at the end of the video do clash.