R.I.P. Steve Irwin

The General Discussion forum has been setup to enable any kind of non-music discussions between the visitors of the website.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

DaWeeze
Saint

R.I.P. Steve Irwin

Post by DaWeeze »

memly
Meltdown
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by memly »

Bloody Hell!

RIP.
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
stargurl
Geography group B

Post by stargurl »

Read about this earlier today - rip :(
shadyboy
Oolaa

Post by shadyboy »

Yeah bit of a shocker - RIP
Love is wise, hatred is foolish.....
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

Thats sad news as he had his heart in the right place and was always entertaining to watch. RIP
rach
Novice

Post by rach »

Very sad.

I always did worry that the job would get him in the end though. :(

What an amazing guy - and so entertaining - I'm sure he'll be missed.
is this a piece of your brain?
memly
Meltdown

Post by memly »

I'm missing him already. I loved the man; so much energy and commitment to wildlife, could spend literally hours watching his programmes, and I frequently did.
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
usernick
Detached

Post by usernick »

RIP :cry:

Monday, 4 September 2006
John Stainton, good friend and producer of Steve Irwin's Film Company, Best Picture, held a press conference earlier today outlining the circumstances of Steve's untimely death and the events that surrounded it.

A very emotional Mr. Stainton said that he had lost a very dear and close friend.

"Today the world has lost a great wildlife icon, a passionate conservationist and one of the proudest Dad's on the planet. He died doing what he loved best, he left this world in a happy and peaceful state of mind, he would've said 'crocs rule'," he said.

Steve Irwin and his team had been filming a new documentary, titled Ocean's Deadliest, at Batt Reef off the coast of the resort town of Port Douglas, when the accident occurred.

"Steve decided to shoot a couple of segments for a new TV show that he's doing with his daughter Bindi and, with the cameramen, went out on to the reef at Batt Reef to do a little segment on stingrays. He came over the top of the stingray... and the stingray's barb went up and went into his chest and put a hole into his heart."

Mr. Stainton said the team responded quickly to get Steve back to his research vessel Croc 1 and then on to Low Isles where they were to meet an emergency rescue team.

"We were doing constant CPR trying to resuscitate him... when we got there it was probably ten to twelve and by twelve o'clock when the emergency crew arrived they pronounced him dead."

Mr. Stainton said that his personal and professional relationship with Steve had been one of many years.

"He was one of my best, closest friends, we've been together for 20 years, we've been shooting documentaries for fifteen years, I've never known a more professional man in my life and a more passionate person on wildlife and conservation issues."

Mr. Stainton believes that the poor weather experienced in the far north may have been, in part, the cause of Steve Irwin's death.

"One problem Steve had was that he couldn't sit still for five seconds and because the weather was bad today and for the last couple of days, he'd been like a caged lion because he hadn't really been able to do anything too much and he said 'look I might just go off and shoot some segments'... anything that would keep him moving and his adrenaline going and that's what happened... and the next thing I heard on the radio was that there was a medical emergency and the little dinghy was bringing him back with the crew... everyone tried absolutely tirelessly to revive him, to keep him alive."
Willsy
The Moebius

Post by Willsy »

I've been reading the news reports about this during the day and this is indeed a great loss. A true character who could instantly captivate viewers attentions with his enthusiasm and passion for the animals he helped and studied.

"CRIKEY!! Did ya see those teeth, WOOOOOO! that was a warning sign, but I'm gonna pick him up anyway...he doesnt want me too but i wanna get a closer look at this little tucker!WOOOOOOOO!!"

R.I.P. Stevo.
"You know, just simple lines intertwining, you know, very much like - I'm really influenced by Mozart and Bach, and it's sort of in between those, really. It's like a Mach piece, really"
Nigel Tufnel talking about his song "Lick My Love Pump" - This Is Spinal Tap.

http://www.myspace.com/willsydesignuk
davemacfrombath
The Moebius

Post by davemacfrombath »

A very sad day. One of those guys who you don't know you like so much till they're gone...
Slugs! HE created slugs! They can't hear. They can't speak. They can't operate machinery. Are we not in the hands of a lunatic?
Dog
Detached

Post by Dog »

He was an absolute nutcase, in the nice sense. Superb entertainer, very intelligent bloke and someone who cared about what he did.
"Gimme the sight to see
another world outside that's full of
all the broken things that I made"
Kvagga
Omen

Post by Kvagga »

These days when for some reason people seem to put enviromental issues to the side more and more and many seem like they couldn't care less about the nature, a guy like Steve was a much needed goldmine. They only showed his shows here on the skychannels, but whenever I catched one, I throughly enjoyed it. R.I.P. Steve. :(
Kagey
Geography group B

Post by Kagey »

Loopz wrote:Thats sad news as he had his heart in the right place and was always entertaining to watch. RIP
well maybe his heart shouldn't have been in the right place this time !

I always thought a crocodile or Lion woulda got him,
indeed a big loss
http://www.clockworkdisco.com

"Let's face it, "digital sound" is a misnomer...

Unless you plug the wires directly into your skull, at the end of the chain is a set of speakers pumping back-and-forth turning ANY signal into analogue waves..."
philmanns
Sinner

Post by philmanns »

a very sad loss indeed :(
Kagey
Geography group B

Post by Kagey »

Steve Irwin walks into a pub full of stingrays, the landlord shouts at him...get out, you're barbed...
http://www.clockworkdisco.com

"Let's face it, "digital sound" is a misnomer...

Unless you plug the wires directly into your skull, at the end of the chain is a set of speakers pumping back-and-forth turning ANY signal into analogue waves..."