What's The Last Film You Watched?

The General Discussion forum has been setup to enable any kind of non-music discussions between the visitors of the website.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

memly
Meltdown
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Re: What's The Last Film You Watched?

Post by memly »

Avenger Assemble - Awesome. Comic Geek Nirvana.
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
Karnorjax
Oolaa

Post by Karnorjax »

Avengers... Again... twice now and still would happily go see it again... I sat for 2+ hours grinnning with geeky glee... and laughing so much at the fun hulky bits and one liners... its proper well good !!
Is there anyone there ??????? IS THERE ANYONE THERE !!!!!
sinner
Saint

Post by sinner »

Prometheus - Very good!
Badger
Doctor Look Out

Post by Badger »

Prometheus - Very disappointed. Too many plot holes and characters not reacting as they would to situations. First half hour is great but once they land on the planet, the script goes 'Hollywood' and has holes everywhere.

Don't get me wrong it's a great looking film and has it's moments but I never felt scared at any point and found myself not caring what happened to the characters.
https://www.facebook.com/matt.christie.777

"Even a stopped cloak gives the right jacket twice a day"
memly
Meltdown

Post by memly »

Prometheus - I have to say I'm with Sinner on this one... loved it. Admittedly I wasn't scared either, but I wasn't really expecting to be.
I had to do some searching about after the film as I had too many questions (like what the hell was the prologue all about??) , but the theories I read made sense and made the film so much more than it is imo.

Character development was a bit sloppy. But the premise of the film and the execution more than made up for it, "David" was the only truly great character for me.
The marble looking dudes were fantastic and the "lore" of the universe that Scott has added to is quite fascinating to me.

The film reminded me of when I was totally hooked on Lost; every time a question was answered, a multitude of others crop up.
I loved the open-endedness (I think I just created a word!) of the plot and the film really played on my mind for the days to follow.

The "prequel" to Alien premise is also incredibly well thought out, although it wasn't in your face and I needed help from the theorists out there so I could form a better opinion...

Best film of the year so far for me, its certainly with its faults and not the best Ridley Scott film I have ever seen.
But it was a mature science fiction film that looks beautiful, and that doesn't hold the viewers hand at all.

Really looking forward to getting this one on Bluray.
MEMS MUZAK
memly
Meltdown

Post by memly »

Dark Knight Rises.

Absolutely Epic. Best film of the year for me, even if Bane does sound like a camp Darth Vadar.

This really is the year that Hollywood blockbusters actually deliver and are not sanitised by execs wanting broader movies.
MEMS MUZAK
Pirtek
Sinner

Post by Pirtek »

memly wrote:Dark Knight Rises.

Absolutely Epic. Best film of the year for me, even if Bane does sound like a camp Darth Vadar.

This really is the year that Hollywood blockbusters actually deliver and are not sanitised by execs wanting broader movies.
Saw this the other day. Great end to the Batman saga! Bane sounded more like Tevye from Fidler On The Roof than a camp Darth Vader :lol:
TWfan

Post by TWfan »

Zardoz some of the samples from The gun is Good come from this film